Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY My Room

Do you love sitting in your room and reading, thinking about what you did that day, watching a movie or just enjoying your beautiful room? Let me know, 'caus I love that too!
After some renovation and deco-shopping, I finally have a room to be proud of. There for, people said my room was kinda empty and frigid. I was tired to hear it and I decided to do something about it. I want to share this with you guys 'caus I'm kinda proud of my work and I would be even more proud if I could inspire you guys with this. So please comment and subscribe below!


This is my  bed (with a lot of decorative pillows to make it extra cosy). I really like my big mirror where I can check if my whole outfit matches with my jewelry and shoes. To the left of it, is my closet. Handy to switch fast! Another fun thing is the 'sort of lanterns' on top of the bedrail. The tiny dimmed lights are very romantic and snug. Mostly, I read a book or watch a film on my bed just for the cosy feeling. You can see a canvas of Paris on my wall, not a coincedence! I admire the city of Paris so much! The people are so friendly and my grades at school are pretty good for French, so I can help myself out. I went there once, with Christmas: it's a must to see the Eiffel Tower at night in winter! A blog about Paris will definitely follow.




Thadaaam! I proudly present: my jewelry corner! I bought the mirror (to check my hair and make-up) and the jewelry rack in CASA. Like you can see, I have lots of bracelets and lots of earrings. B.t.w. I made the earrings placard myself. It's really easy! The things you need are cissors, scotch tape, wrapping paper in a nice color, a ribbon with a print, a piece of cardboard, a cutter and a thumbtack. First of all, cut the cardboard in the required size with the cutter. Then grab the wrapping paper and wrap it in (also the back, for this: you need scissors and scotch tape). Assume you're packing a gift and put the ribbon around the package (in a bow for example). For the wholes in the cardboard (where you will hang in the earrings) you need a thumbtack. The resullt is above.




Last but not least: a wooden box on my desk to put little stuff in. When I got it, it had a pure wooden color. I didn't like it and I didn't know what to do with it untill I had the bright idea: 'Why not paint it?' This is what it became a couple hours later! The dolls on it are babushkas from Russia, my oncly brought them for me. The holder for pictures next to them is from Kos (Greece).

No comments:

Post a Comment